Maldives has 6 underwater restaurants
Anyone who visits the Maldives is known to be enchanted. The Maldives, also known as the Paradise on Earth, are famous for their out-of-this-world snorkelling, scuba diving, and ocean cruises. Water villas in the Maldives, dubbed the epitome of luxury, aren’t the only thing people look forward to these days. Some exquisite dining experiences add a feather to the hats of some of the private island resorts. When we say exquisite, we don’t just mean the lovely beachfront candlelight dinners, but also the stunning underwater restaurants in the Maldives. Here are our recommendations for the best underwater dining options to try during your honeymoon in the Island nations.
These restaurants, built beneath the ocean and offering panoramic views of marine life through glass ceilings, truly redefine the concept of underwater dining.
Take a look at the list of 6 impressive underwater restaurants in the Maldives to visit during your trip in 2023.
In 2023, there will be six underwater restaurants to visit in the Maldives.
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant – Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
- Subsix at Niyama Maldives – Huluwalu
- SEA – Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
- 5.8 Undersea Restaurant – Hurawalhi Maldives
- Minus Six Meters Underwater Restaurant
- H2O Underwater Restaurant – You & Me by Cocoon Maldives
1. Ithaa Undersea Restaurant – Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
The Ithaa offers 180-degree panoramic views of the beautiful marine life, making diving there a fantastic experience. This is unquestionably one of the most amazing underwater diving experiences that you ought to visit. It was built 16 feet below sea level. Its availability for private events like weddings, birthday parties, and other celebrations makes it unique. Ithaa is the first all-glass underwater restaurant in the history of the globe.
- The dining experience at Ithaa is only open to guests who are staying at the Conrad resort.
- Three Global awards winner at the 2017 World Luxury Restaurant Awards.
- Cuisine – Maldivian-European fusion cuisine
2. Subsix – Niyama Private Islands Maldives
True to its name, the interior design evokes the sea, from the chairs that resemble sea anemones to the bar that is structured like a shell. You descend a three-tiered staircase lighted by striking, abstract chandeliers to reach the restaurant. With its ocean blue lighting and chandeliers that resemble coral, this restaurant also has a mermaid theme that feels quite authentic. Low-hanging capiz shell decorations throughout the interior create the impression that the ocean is practically all around you while dining. This is one of The Maldives’ most affordable underwater restaurants, having been constructed 20 feet below the surface of the water.
- The restaurant is set 500 meters away from the mainland and can be reached only by speedboat.
- This underground playground is the first underwater nightclub on the island.
- Every Wednesdays and Saturdays underwater Glow Parties are organised.
3. SEA – Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
The trademark Anantara idea of Sea, Sky, Slt, and Fire’s four-in-one eating is what makes this restaurant unique. There are unusual foods available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including Maldivian lobster and Japanese wagyu. In contrast to Subsix and Ithaa, this restaurant is located directly on the ocean floor, and its contemporary, mirrored design gives the impression that it is a larger establishment. You can eat the most excellent gourmet cuisine while observing the tropical fish, turtles, and sharks swim by. Visitors often order the lobster salad, Scottish salmon, sea bass, and chocolate bomb explosion from the menu. SEA is a unique experience in every way.
- SEA is the world’s first underwater Wine Cellar
- Voted for 4 consecutive years- World’s Best Underwater Restaurant.
- This was first constructed on a nearby island and in later 2010, the air which enabled the restaurant to float on the water was replaced with sand allowing the restaurant to sink to the Ocean floor.
4. 5.8 Undersea Restaurant – Hurawalhi Maldives
Dinnertime is the ideal time to visit the restaurant. You can enjoy your surroundings during the day and marvel at how the environment changes when dusk falls. The restaurant offers constantly-evolving set meals that are created based on the chef’s experimenting with food and seasonality. A multi-course sampling show at the restaurant enchants the customers. The name of this eatery comes from the fact that it lies 5.8 metres below sea level.
- Worlds largest all-glass undersea restaurant Maldives
- Only guests above 15 are allowed to dine here.
- Hurawalhi Maldives tries to keep the private nature of dining at an underwater restaurant and hence guests who are dining are only allowed at the restaurant.
5. Minus Six Meter – OZEN by Atmosphere at Maadhoo
The exclusive underwater restaurant is without a doubt the crown jewel of OZEN’s fine dining experiences. This seafood restaurant, which is open for lunch and dinner, has stunning underwater views that you will enjoy while dining on exceptionally fascinating Modern Seafood cuisine! The restaurant, located 20 feet below the blue lagoon, provides spectacular views of shells, sea turtles, and other exotic marine life. Minus six-meter, also known as M6m, is famous for its outrageous marriage proposals performed by guests who work alongside the staff.
- Dining at the restaurant is complimentary if you book for minimin four nights stay.
- The first underwater restaurant covered in an All-Inclusive Plan
6. H20 – You & Me by Cocoon Maldives
This newer resort exudes romance, with grand villas and complimentary champagne, as well as a special fine dining signature restaurant. With a seating capacity of 20, H2O offers diners a view of the Maldives’ incredible marine environment while serving Maldivian cuisine. The restaurant is 100 metres from the resort on an unspoiled, breathtaking reef. The 360-degree view of the Maldives’ exotic marine environment while enjoying a tasty spread distinguishes You & Me by Cocoon as a first of its kind.
- You & Me Maldives is an Adults only resort catering to honeymooners and couples.
- The only underwater restaurant in Raa Atoll
- The lift allows accessibility for diners with disabilities
So there you have it, our guide to the Maldives’ best underwater restaurants. All of this awaits the unforgettable island escape, where exceptional under-the-sea dining can be enjoyed alongside the archipelago’s beautiful beaches, turquoise waters, and luxurious resorts. Please browse our Maldives packages or Maldives honeymoon packages.